What is MSU Bee Palooza?
- The Michigan State University (MSU) Bee Palooza is about celebrating pollinators and promoting pollinator stewardship.
- Many flowering plants - trees, shrubs, and herbs - depend on pollinators to produce seeds, nuts, and fruits.
- Pollinators include bees, some other insects, some birds, and some bats that collect pollen from flowers and carry it with them to other flowers of the same species.
- It is estimated that one in three bites of food that humans eat is dependent on these acts of pollination.
- Pollinator stewardship is about humans playing an active part in protecting and providing natural resources that pollinators need - including clean water and food (aka nectar and pollen).